Should you have multiple broadline distributors?
Are you better off with 1, 2, or even 3 broadline distributors? There are two sides to this argument and you’ll be surprised where I land! Here’s my strategy for getting more bang for your buck with broadline distributors.
There are two schools of thought when it comes to broadline distributors: manage multiple vendors and pin them against each other or pick one and develop a long-lasting, trusted relationship. Where do you think I fall in this spectrum?
My opinion might cause a little controversy and I welcome that! But at the end of the day, it’s all about getting more purchasing power so you keep food costs down.
Must Watch Highlights From the Video:
- 1:00 – What does broadline distributor mean?
- 1:40 – Which one is really the wrong strategy?
- 2:40 – Why your vendors should actually be partners.
- 3:38 – What really happens when vendors have to compete.
- 4:09 – Reality check: we all need to make money.
- 5:00 – The conversation you should be having with your broadline distributor.
- 6:00 – Can you get a Manufacturers Distribution Agreement (MDA)?
- 6:40 – The way you should be checking prices.
- 7:33 – Here’s my answer to how many broadline distributors you should have.
🔊 CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO THE AUDIO
LEAVE YOUR QUESTIONS & COMMENTS BELOW FOR RYAN