Restaurant Fair Wage Service Fees: The Restaurant Boss Response
Never one to shy away from controversial subjects, today I’m sharing my opinion on whether restaurants should counter increasing food and labor costs with a service fee or by simply increasing prices. What do you think I’ll say?
Last week, I shared the story of a Durham, NC restaurant that was forced to implement a 20% fair wage service fee to their checks by a grassroots organization. Many people asked what my opinion on this is and if I thought they should have just raised prices instead. Today, I am sharing my thoughts on how restaurants should counter the rising food and labor costs, as well as the staffing shortage that’s hit so hard.
Must See Video Highlights:
- 1:40: It’s the business owners responsibility to pay a fair wage
- 2:39: Are businesses squeezing profits with lower wages?
- 3:30: Trolls – stay away!
- 4:50: Add more value; get paid more.
- 6:00: Gig economy is providing more opportunity
- 7:30: Amazon’s changed their mission: be a better employer
- 8:20: My mission: improve the lives of all who serve in the restaurant industry
- 9:10: COVID gave people a reason to leave…and they aren’t coming back
- 10:30: Restaurants must manage systems and develop people
- 12:00: In-n-Out does it right!
- 13:05: Taxi’s didn’t change. Uber now rules!
- 16:00: The world’s changing fast – are you?
- 17:00: Give your employees and your guests what they need
- 18:10: Here’s the key to getting long lines at your restaurant
🔊 CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO THE AUDIO
LEAVE YOUR QUESTIONS & COMMENTS BELOW FOR RYAN